For most home owners making the right choice when it comes to landscaping can be overwhelming. But worry not, here are 8 strategies for a Smart Landscape Design.
1. Landscape composition is often overlooked. But like any great painting, it’s what makes it or breaks it.
2. Picking the right plants can make all the difference, make low maintenance your main focus at all times.
3. Be flexible when it comes to your landscape design. No one truly knows what they want until they see it.
4. Do some research on the best time of year to perfect your landscape design.
5. Specialists Arlington Tree Pros state it’s important to take into consideration the color of your house, make sure your plant colors accent your home.
6. Find out what kind of pests are most common for the plants you choose.
7. Insure that you’re not over doing it, sometime less is more.
8. Before getting to work make sure to get your ideas on paper, a well planned landscape is key.
With the popularity of caravan holidays on the rise, it is important to ensure that you are taking the property safety precautions and making all the right checks before hitching your van up to your car.
Whilst towing a caravan can be a fairly simple task; it can pose some serious safety risks if not done correctly or if something goes wrong – it would be every driver’s worst nightmare to suddenly find their caravan spinning out of control behind them.
Towing a caravan not only places additional strain onto your car, it makes extra demands on your abilities as a driver – you need to be 100% sure that your van is safe and secure before setting off on your holiday if you want to avoid accidents and other dangerous situations.
• When loading your caravan for your trip, it is important to check that you are placing the heaviest items as low to the floor and positioned over the main axel as possible. This will ensure that the van’s centre of gravity is low and will prevent it from swaying at high speeds.
• When loading your caravan, you need to also check that you are not placing too much weight into the front, as this may lead you to exceed the maximum nose weight that your car is able to withstand. The nose weight is the downward force that the caravan places on the tow bar of your car.
• Walk around your caravan before leaving, checking that the jockey wheel and stabilizers are in the up position and are locked in place; that all of the windows are closed and locked; and that the gas bottle is secure and switched off.
• Have a helper stand behind the caravan to let you know whether the brake, indicating and reversing lights are all working when you apply them from inside the car.
• Check that the tyre pressures of both your caravan and your car are correct, that the mirrors you have applied are in the correct position, and that the brakes on both the caravan and the car are working.
By completing all of the above checks before each of your caravan trips, you can ensure that you travel as safely and securely as possible, without posing a risk of accidents or other unwanted situations. If ever you feel that something is not quite right whilst towing your caravan, pull over as soon as you can and check the whole outfit over for something you may have overlooked.
It’s probably been the best two weeks of my life! I’ve just got back from a wonderful break in Rio de Janeiro and then Spain an engaged man!
We’d been planning and saving for the holiday for 2 years, and to be honest I was a little nervous as to the answer of the big question! Thankfully she said yes!
If i had to pinpoint one negative it would be the items I packed for the holiday – I basically just got it wrong.
After doing some research on the subject it would appear I’m not the only one who struggles with holiday packing, which is the reason for my post & packing guide today…….
Tip 1: Pack a change of clothes and essential meds or toiletries in two bags .
This is important for two reasons: First, if your gear gets lost you will have a few essentials with you. It can take a while for your baggage to be discovered and after that delivered to the following port of call. Second, if your bags are delayed to be conveyed to your cabin, you’ll have a swimming outfit or overnight clothing available and can appreciate all the onboard exercises immediately, instead of sitting tight for your bags to appear.
Tip 2: Know the dress codes. While a few people still get a kick out of the chance to dress to the nines for ships’ formal evenings, the vast majority dress in business clothing . The irony is that the more lavish the line , the more exquisitely easygoing travellers dress. take more than one swimsuit.
Tip 3: Your favoured traveller guide information and maps.Inquiring about your destination ahead of time and taking along some great guides are an incredible approach to decrease push and amplify your pleasure. Obviously, the Internet is a wonderful asset for this sort of information and the majority of what you need can be got for nothing. You simply need to recollect to pack what you print.
Tip 4: Don’t ignore your toiletries in your cabin. You’ll generally discover essential toiletries onboard, for example, cleanser and cleanser. In principle lodges on some voyage lines toiletries offered are constrained , so you might need to make room in your baggage for your most loved brands. Same goes for hair dryers. Most staterooms accompany feeble dryers so if you’re fussy, pack your own.
Tip 5 : Keep immensely critical documents with you. Continuously ensure you pack your fundamental IDs and voyage documents – and never pack them in your handled gear. You’ll need your visa or other personal ID and journey boat ticket close by, so regardless of the possibility that your bag misses the vessel, you can get onboard.
Verify you have the right sort of identification, as wannabe cruisers have been moved in the opposite direction of the wharf for having only a duplicate of their introduction to the world certificate or a visa with a name that doesn’t coordinate the one on the ship’s manifest . Likewise, recall to procure any fundamental visas and immunizations important for your cruising region and carry them with you, as well.
Tip 6: A great advanced camera.
You know there will be Kodak minutes on your excursion and a digital camera is the most ideal approach to catch them for family. If you don’t have one, you may investigate the Digital Photography School for a few tips before heading out to purchase one. We take a basic simple to use camera to snap the brisk pics that are so amusing to take a gander at years after the fact. Additionally, don’t overlook additional batteries!
Tip 7:Mobile phone and PDA.Include this so as to open yourself up for feedback the cell phone and PDA on my rundown. For some, this is a method for carrying work with them on vacation. You control oddities out there just can’t give up and believe others to take care of business.
MacDonald Marina is your number one source for boating in Canada. Providing a variety of services including boat sales, dockage and parts & service the marina serves customers across the US & Canada. For further information click here.
Gold coast fishing charters operate in the Queensland region and provide excellent fishing packages with experienced skippers. As well as the excellent fishing dolphins, turtles and other marine life are regularly encountered on the trips.
Tan Y Bryn carvan park situated in North Wales for providing us with such fantastic accommodation and hospitality during our visits to North wales
Editing for a travel blog obviously means lots of travel and with lots of travel means lots of Uber. My experience has always been that of a good one, reliable cars & knowledgeable drivers.
This got me thinking about the benefits of becoming an Uber driver, I mean they always seem happy in their work, so their must be plenty of benefits right? Which is the exact reason for this post!
Uber brings an exciting opportunity to both the commuters and drivers. It is cheaper than a cab and provides a lot of cool features. But what does it takes to becoming an Uber driver or what are the benefits of becoming such?
There is no fixed working hour or location. This means a person can choose the hour of working according to his own liking. Even the location can be changed according to the requirement.
If there is low availability of Uber cabs and the demand is high, a driver is expected to make almost double income with a single ride. Not bad pay considering the only formal qualifications for drivers is to have attended a Driving School.
Meeting New People
We can always befriend our passenger, or have a chat with some. People coming from different backgrounds actually can provide a lot of interesting conversations.
Visit New Places
Taking a trip to a new place or an unknown place within the city itself cannot be easier than this.
Uber offers a wide range of discount options in phone bills to auto-parts stores, which in turn reduces our monthly bills.
If you are on a vacation on a caravan and it is raining heavily, then obviously your kids will get bored and annoyed. However, there are lots of fun filled activities which you do with the kids inside the caravan. The 5 things you can do are:
1. MAKE SOME BISCUITS:
Almost all of the caravans have a small oven.And in order to make biscuits or cookies, you don’t need many ingredients. All the necessary ingredients will probably be already there in the caravan. There is also an additional benefit; switching the oven on will also help you to keep warm.
2. CREATE A BOARD GAME:
Kids are full of creative ideas and you can utilize this time to invent some sort of new board game. You probably won’t have all the materials required to make the game in the caravan; but the planning stage can certainly be done in the caravan. It is an extremely fun activity and will surely please the kids.
3. WRITE A STORY:
A rainy day is perfect to start writing a new story. Kids are full of imagination and most of them love to write stories. Just hand them a pen and paper and you can also give them a topic like a jungle adventure or a treasure hunt. This is a good way to spend time and will also improve the writing skills of your kids.
4. MAKE PAPER AIRPLANES:
If you have internet,you can search how paper airplanes are made, but most people already know how to make these. You can also hold a competition to see who’s airplane covers the maximum distance.
5. PLAY GAMES LIKE CHARADES:
Charades is a really simple game and everyone can play it together. It is an extremely fun game and kills away the boredom. Apart from that, you can also play other games like i-spy.
Everyone likes a bit of luxury and a caravan allows you to carry quite a few comforting items. Although there are many great caravan accessories which you can carry with you, but the best five are:
1. AIR CONDITIONERS AND FANS: In order to beat the scorching heat, you may require air conditioners. Caravan air conditioning is strong enough to keep the caravan cool even during severe heat waves. However, they may consume a lot of energy. You will be able to get household models at a much cheaper rate as compared to a specialized unit for a recreational value, but the latter is equipped with special parts and accessories that dampen vibration while travelling. If you have a small or a medium sized caravan, then a caravan fan will be good enough for you.
2. Wi-Fi BOOSTER: Although you are supposed to stay from technology while taking a caravan trip, but a Wi-Fi booster can be extremely useful. Most of the caravan parks have Wi-Fi access. But depending on your parking, the signal may be weak. This is where the Wi-Fi booster comes handy. You can freely access the internet without any interruption.
3. SOLAR OR BATTERY POWERED ICE BOX: Although most of the caravans have a small bar fridge or a freezer, but still it is advisable to have a solar or battery powered ice box. An additional ice box will allow you to pre-cook your meals and store them inside. Also when you step out of the caravan, you can use the ice box for carrying cold drinks and food.
4. AWNINGS AND ANNEXES: Awnings can give you some much needed comfort. If you have a pull-out side awning or an annex, then you don’t have to worry about shelter while enjoying a beverage outside. An enclosed annex can also give you the much needed extra space that you may require. However, make sure that your caravan is strong enough to support the awning. In that case, you may need a air awning which is much lighter as compared to pole awning. However, if you plan to go on a long trip, then pole awning will be the better choice.
5. WATER CARRIERS: Water carriers are extremely useful in carrying the water around the campsite. It will save you a lot of time and energy. The Aquaroll is probably the best in this regard. It has been around since sixty years and is capable of carrying water across all kinds of terrains.
Many people find it very difficult towing a caravan at the start. Reversing is a particular problem for some, while others consider whether it’s a necessity to get a special liscence
I’ve complied some top tips below to help both new and experienced caravan owners tow their prize possession safely and incident free.
Firstly, you will need to know the weight you are going to be towing, this will include the trailer, then you must add your estimated cargo weight, to get an approximation of the total weight, of course, you should make sure to know what towing limits your vehicle have. For example, if you have a 2100 kgs vehicle, your caravan weight limits can vary between 600 to 700kgs.
Most caravans have a trailer hitch, a crank wheel, an electronic hook, latch and lock, safety chains and a handbrake. You must become familiar with these before you start hitching up your caravan. For a proper usage you must line up the hitch ball on your vehicle with the trailer coupler on the caravan. Next, you will need to lower the caravan by turning the crack handle; you can release the coupler and let the hitch ball move into position.
You will notice when your vehicle is attached to the caravan, as when you start up your car, the caravan will move simultaneously. Then after make sure is fully attached, the next step is to lock the coupler and fix the safety chains. Last but not least you should plug all your electronics, so you can check if the lights are working. You may need some expertise to hitch up the caravan, you have to consider the smallest bumps and holes in the road may move towards unexpectedly fast.
While you are moving
When you are on the road you will need to give yourself more time and space for everything, it is recommended to brake earlier than normal, and accelerate more slowly considering that you have a caravan at the back. Also you will need to take corner widely to prevent the caravan cut the corner, legal speeds change when you are towing, it is prohibited to exceed more than 50 kph in the motorways.
Another important issue is have a good view of the rear of the trailer using mirror extensions, and never carry passengers in the caravan while you are towing, it is illegal, however you can carry animals but it is definitely not recommended.
If you have traffic building up behind you, pull over the vehicle at a suitable place where you have left enough distance to others vehicles across. In addition, you must park carefully where you do not cause any obstruction; caravan mustn’t park in meter bays. Once you have decided where are you going to place the caravan, you will need to chock your wheels, it will keep them secure and it will help your caravan level o uneven ground.
When you have stopped the car, it is extremely important to put the handbrake on, you could raise the caravan with the crank until the coupler lift off the ball. Another recommendation is to remember to raise the lock and handle to release the coupler. Then after you have moved the unit forward you can modify the height and level the caravan. Finally, you have to attached a wheel lock, then you will be ready to camp, explore, and organize your activities
Useful Reversing tips
Move the car in a very slow and steady way, ensure you have the most and best visibility possible, using your mirrors turn the wheels in the opposite direction you want your caravan move, for a better rear visibility, look over your shoulder, and put the left hand at the bottom of the steering wheel and turning at the direction you want to go.
Snaking is a lateral movement of the caravan, when the unit swings violently side from side, in some cases if the driver loses control it may drag the back of the car. Another term is pitching, that is used to describe the vertical movement when the car moves up and down, pulling the rear of the car like a seesaw.
The best way to avoid this, is making sure to have well matched the car and the caravan and load the unit carefully.
You made the decision to purchase a static caravan. Great, but now you have to think this through, so when you’ll have your new home, you’ll be completely happy and satisfied of your decision. A static caravan a house trailer is a built structure, assembled in a factory attached on a chassis and transported to a semi-permanently or permanently place, from which can be moved. For this you will need to consider these 6 things:
1. First, you will have to think about your budget and how much you want to spend on your future to be your static caravan. Don’t forget that you shouldn’t use all of it, because could be possible that your caravan may need some changes. Or you may need some things that you’ll like to have. Talking about budget, you also have to think if you want to live there for a certain amount of time or permanently.
2. Secondly, you need to think about the space you may need or you want; thinking also about the static caravan usage (if you will live there permanently or only for holidays maybe). You have to think about this very well, so when you’ll have your caravan will not have second thoughts.
3. Another thing to think about when you want to buy a static caravan is about number of the family members or the people that will live there. This being another thing related to the space you will need because you’ll need more space to live for a bigger family. It will be fun and satisfaction to the people you care.
4. The location of the static caravan is another important thing you have to think about, when you’ll buy the trailer. This could be important because the price of the caravan is different depending on the place you want to live or only stay for a while. On the other hand, you have to think about things like: being far or close of a certain city or a certain place, or certain person (family member or friend); also if you want to live in a static caravan park or away from them. All this of course is depending if you want to live there permanently or not.
5. You may want to take in account the thing that if you would like to have a little garden or not, if you are interested in plants maybe. Or if you would like to use some extra space for relaxing or for the kids to play.
6. Another very important thing in your research of your dream home could be finial step you will make. After you finish the search for the static caravan, and choose some of them, you will need to go and visit them because nothing on the internet can’t be too trustful, especially the sales. So take some free time and meet the owners and visit the places, to see them in person, not only in pictures.
After you will take in consideration all the steps from above you can go to actual buy your static caravan, good luck!
United Kingdom is a vast land endowed with stateside getaways ranging from beautiful coastlines, historic places with rich heritage, national parks and stunning country side with sprawling mountains and laid back plains. Here are some of the best travel destination UK for a families and what exactly makes them tick.
This is a huge National Park covering over 368 square miles and is situated in South West England. It’s full of historical sites, wooded valleys, beautiful moorland, magnificent wildlife and breath taking ancient ruins. Walking around the park it’s easy to get the site of Menhir stone circles and ancient villages.
But, what makes the site historic are the Neolithic remains, that’s the UK’s vast collection of distinctive stone tors spread across the landscape as well as Bronze Age structures.The wild landscape in combination with ancient landmarks coupled with wet and cool climate around the moor brings about a mythical atmosphere. All these are a perfect recipe for a delightful family tourist attraction. This isn’t all that Dartmoor National Park has to offer.
Below are is a list of what to do and see at this historic site;Get active, put on your walking boots and explore the park on foot with challenging treks. Make it more challenging by climbing the highest point in the park, the Willhays.Bike riding in the quiet forest on tracks of rugged off road routesCanoe ride and adventure in river DartHorseback riding while watching the Ponies graze the Park Visit the breathtaking famous Becky Falls within the spectacular ancient valleySpend the night in the wild under the stars in the Moors – wild camping Explore Okehampton Castle remains, once Devon largest castle Treat yourself to a delicious slap-up meal served at the Michelin Gidleigh Park
UK tour wouldn’t be considered complete without visiting the coastal city of Orkney. Orkney is situated in the north eastern part of Scotland coast and is also an archipelago meaning it has several Islands. The islands cover a vast area of over 382.2 square miles and borders Seal colonies, tall sandstone cliffs and Neolithic sites. The Heartbeat of Neolithic Orkney is a set of 5,000year old sites on the Island, the Skara Brae a UNESCO World Heritage site.
The largest Island is a conserved village with a beautifully reconstructed house. There is also a chambered burial tomb known as Maeshowe integrating a 12th century Viking carvings. Other tourist attractions include the stunning scenery, wildlife, sandy beaches in addition to the warmth and welcoming nature of the locals.
There’s a lot in Orkney that makes it a travel destination UK. Some of the activities to undertake include; Visiting the Neolithic OrkneyLearning the fascinating Orkney history at the Orkney MuseumLearning more about the history of the Italian chapelRelaxing and enjoying Tankemess House with a familyBird watching at the Skara Brae together with other wild animalsEnjoying sports including kite Surfing, kayaking, diving, windsurfing, sailing and bike riding as well as golfing
Dorset is located in Southwest England and is a home to famous novelist Thomas Hardy. It has a rich history dating back to several years and so is a sure tourist destination. The sleepy village is dotted with cottages in the dense forest.Major tourist attractions include;Tank museum unique attractions, Jurassic coast fossils, the Ceme Abbas Giant, seaside pleasure at Bournemouth or Weymouth
There’s a lot one can indulge in at the Dorset including;Participating in fascinating sports include watersports like windsurfing and kite surfing as well as wakeboardingSailing or learning how to at Poole HarbourExplore the DorchesterExplore the exiting ruins of Corfe CastleSample the a ward winning aleBowl, ice-skating in Pole Town ParkSample Dorset menu of delicious mealsSample Dorset’s pubs and night clubs
Snowdonia National Park is situated in northern Wales and covers an area of 823 square miles. It has got ranges of beautiful hills and mountains, the summit being 3,546 feet Snowdon. It can be seen from west coast and extends to Bala Lake. Major attractions in Snowdonia National Park include; Terrific site seeing around the park will enable one to see various animals and plants the park has to offer.
The scenic tour will also involve visiting forts and castlesas well as bird watching.Other than the scenery, there is a lot the family can indulge in and enjoy like;Rock climbing, watersports, horse riding, pony trekking, golfing, gorge walking, Geocaching using GPS technologyOne can also sample the many delicious dishes served by several hotels in the Snowdonia area